Thursday, March 22, 2012

some projects...


About a month ago I was working on some renderings for a friends dining room and play room. Here are the designs I came up with
I suggested she add some linen slipcovered chairs to the heads of the table, creating more seating and giving the set a more current look. The artwork needed to stay it was from her grandmother and had always been her favorite as a child. Little touches like that really help to make a room feel so personalized and special. I also suggested we recover the existing chairs in a linen fabric with a black scroll pattern on it. We also went with a dark grey/blue color on her walls to really make the trim pop and add some depth to the room.

She also had a beautiful buffet. I simply suggested that she bring it over to the side wall and add some buffet lamps and a large mirror behind it to add some visual height. Down the road adding something like a ginger jar in the center would again tie in the blue and really fit her style.

Here are some pictures of the chairs that I recovered. Stay tuned for before and after pictures of everything put together!

No comments: