Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wall collages make me smile

I love wall collages and I know that in the interior design world they have been around for a while but they are just so pretty. To me displaying lots of art really makes a house a home. And it helps that I love to paint so lots of the art I made myself :) Another thing I like about them is that they can add a lot of impact to a room with out costing a ton of money.
This collage is in our hall and the robot picture is actually a post card that I got from zazzle.com for $1.50 is a picture from vol25 That was a great solution for me that was super cheap :) another cheaper alternative to make art was my "Keep calm and carry on" poster. I have been looking at them on etsy.com and they are $11-$20 not too expensive but still for me I would rather have a less expensive solution. Well i was walking with Robby in Barnes and Noble and I saw a red gift bag that had the slogan on it. I checked the price and...$4 ahh this was better I started thinking if i could use it, the only problem was that the handle was on the bag so I couldn't cut out just the rectangle and frame it. I bought it anyways and when I got home I decided to cut out a circle shape on the top and bottom so that I could cut the handles out :) perfect. The awesome painting i bought from Brittany Johnson after seeing her work on the granby street window art show. Her work is amazing and she did this custom painting for Robby and I! The colors are so vivid and the texture is awesome too!!


This next collage is the living room and it was a great way to play up our super high wall. Since we have cathedral ceilings we definitely had to put something up there to really draw the eye up and make a statement. Thanks to frames from the dollar store!! and Micheal's with 40% coupons we were able to amass our art collection and get it all up on the wall. Robby and I did all of the paintings and my mom actually did the lion sketch when she was my age. My favorite of the pictures is the three photos in one frame in the center. They are pictures from the 4th of July when Robby proposed. <3!! There is one of the fireworks, one of the lights at the boardwalk and then one of us :)


<3c

ps. my mom's boss is letting me borrow her daughters wedding veil! its perfect and im super excited to wear it!!!

No comments: