Monday, October 11, 2010

Busy weekend...

So this past weekend I decided that I wanted a bar cart. I love the idea of them and they can be super cute and fresh when done correctly. I was looking at them on ebay they were in the $100-$150 dollar range plus shipping...boo. So I looked on craigslist and found nothing :( then I tried craigslook.com and just typed in cart....(craigslook checks all of craigslist and you can set it to show you up to 200 miles away from your location. It also shows pictures right next to the title for easy viewing) And TADA!!! I found the cutest brass vintage "tea cart" and i wanted it...needed it. I looked at the price and... $10 YESSSS!!! it was going to be mine! I sent off an email hoping to be the first person interested. I was and Sunday this little beauty made its way into our living room.



Now I am on the hunt for some vintage barware/decanters. I found this cool guy in a thrift store today for $4


Also I have seen a tutorial for making this "inspiration board" (basically a bulletin board) on Bryn's Blog. I followed it and made this nice little one to put up lots of fun pictures and notes!

Desk Before: (not bad but I wanted a change and a place to put notes)



Desk after: Wonderful!!

Now that we have finally settled into our place I am feeling the need to tweak things and really add more little touches around the house.

Also I bought some nice faux-leather to make some pouf ottomans for our two chairs using this amy buttler pattern! Super excited to get the pattern and will post that later :)

<3
C

1 comment:

Unknown said...

there was a guy with something like that at homecoming. walmart shopping cart filled with ice and beer. 'course, yours probably looks better in a living room.

And I just noticed - "adventures of Dirty and LaLa"? so my teletubby sister is marrying a guy named 'Dirty'. Sweeeet.